Summer Day Camp
When does registration for camp begin?
- Early bird registration: April 1st – April 15th (open to everyone)
- $27 for one child members & non-members
- $37 for two children for members & non-members
- $42 for three or more for members & non-members
- Registration: April 16th – until
- $55 for one child for members & non-members
- $75 for two children for members & non-members
- $85 for three or more for members & non-members
What are the ages for camp?
- We offer traditional summer day camp for ages 4 -12.
What are the fees?
- When registering, parent must pay for the registration fee and the 1st full week of camp upfront.
- If you would like to secure your child’s spot in camp, you may reserve specific weeks with a $10 per week deposit. The $10 deposit is deducted from the weekly fee, it is non-refundable, and it cannot be transferred to another week of camp.
- Traditional Summer Day Camp – Ages 4 – 12:
- Members: $125/week (per child)
- Program Members: $150/week (per child)
- Payments are due by the Wednesday prior to the week the camper plans to attend. There is a $10 late fee for payments received after 6pm on Wednesday.
- If payment is made for current week on that Monday there is a $20 late fee that will be applied if space is available for that child.
- Payments can be made by check, money order, credit card or cash.
What are the dates/times of Summer Day Camp?
- The first full week of summer camp begins Monday, June 14th – Friday, June18th
- The last full week of summer camp will be on Monday, August 2nd – Friday, August 6th
- Camp begins every day at 7:00 AM and ends at 5:30 PM.
- Sign-in begins at 7:00 AM and ends at 8:30 AM.
- Sign out begins at 4:30 PM and ends at 5:30 PM.
Is there a waiting list? / Does Camp fill-up?
- There are a maximum number of campers that are allowed to enroll in summer camp.
- There is a waiting list for camp.
- To secure your child’s spot, it is recommended that you register for summer camp as early as you can.
How are the children grouped?
- Children are grouped by age. Our campers are divided into following age groups:
- Campers are combined with other groups from 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM during sign in, and from 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM during sign out.
Does the YMCA accept DSS Vouchers?
- The Y does not accept DSS vouchers
- The Y offers a scholarship program for individuals and families in financial need. Please ask the front desk for a scholarship application.
- All scholarship requests are due by May 12th to guaranteed assistants for the 1sr week of camp.
- Request turned in after May 12th please allows two weeks for processing.
- Multiple child discount is available.
What do I pay for when I register?
- When you register you will need to pay the registration fee as well as the first week of summer day camp that your child plans on attending.
- You will also pay the $10.00 deposit per child for the other weeks that your child plan on attending
What are the counselors’ qualifications/ what is the ratio for counselors to campers?
- CPR & AED/ First-Aid certified for child, infant and adult
- Passed criminal background test
- Completion of summer camp staff training
- The Y has a ratio of 1 counselor to every 8 campers.
What activities do the children do?
- Every camper will have the opportunity to swim if weather permitting.
- Other activities include:
- Outdoor/Indoor games
- Arts and Crafts
- Skits & talent show
- Fitness fun classes
- Sock hops
What if my child does not know how to swim?
- All campers will be required to take a swim test the first time they swim. The swim test is conducted by the lifeguards. The swim test will require a child to tread water for 10 seconds, then a child must swim a half a length of the pool on their front side, then a child must float on their back for 10 seconds, and then swim back to the starting wall on their back.
- If your child passes the test, they are given a colored wrist band. This allows them to swim openly in the camper areas of the pool.
- If your child is unable to pass the swim test, he/she and must wear a Coast Guard approved personal floatation device that we will provide. This child is restricted to designated areas of the pool.
- All campers will be swim tested before they are allowed to swim. All swimmers will be tested the first time they swim.
Can we tour the facility?
- Yes! We would be happy to give you a tour of our facility and talk more in depth about the summer day camp program.