The Bayouland YMCA strives to turn no one away due to financial hardship and inability to pay appointed fees, provided there is registration space available in the desired program or schedule. Scholarship assistance may be offered subject to available resources of the YMCA.
It is necessary for the person seeking assistance to fill out a YMCA Financial Assistance Application that is available at the Membership Service Counter. Scholarship applications must be accompanied with the proper backup documentation (please see application). Personal financial assistance records are kept strictly confidential.
- Assistance will be granted on the basis of financial need such as low income, disability, etc. Established assistance guidelines will be used as initial eligibility criteria.
- To enroll in a childcare program, both parents or a primary parent in a single-parent situation must be employed or attending a school or training institute.
- The YMCA believes a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the financial assistance recipient has contributed to the cost of their YMCA involvement. Therefore, applicants will be asked to pay a portion of the fee.
- Financial assistance can be granted for up to one year for memberships and must be reapplied for annually.
- Financial assistance for program fees must be reapplied for at the beginning of each program.